Thursday, November 8, 2007

My meds are kicking in

this maybe a bit outside of how i usually post. I constantly diet, so of course I bought a box of bridge mix. it's gone down hill since even last christmas. where are my chocolate raisins! Ah ha! there was the one in the box. My dad always has the coolest and most awful christmas candies. Maybe I will do my research and give you the recipe for my Great Granny Sally's Fruit Cake.
(I took my sleep meds...so sorry if this makes no sense) I think its time to bring some of the older Roark Family recipes. This weekend I'll get some together to post when I'm lucid.

1 comment:

-rick. said...

A few years ago, my mother was REALLY into scrapbooking. She put together a recipe book for me in a scrapbook format that contains recipes from family and friends that we've eaten my whole life.

I have, unfortunately, discovered that some of the recipes that friends gave us really came from Campbell's Soup wrappers, but such is life.

However, if you see a recipe that I give and it's obvious that it's from a box, please don't tell me. I'd rather not know :)

Here's a dessert from the book:

Caramel Banana Pie - Attributed to UNKNOWN

1 Graham Cracker Crust - You could make one, but why? They sell them. There's a reason.
Bananas
1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
Cool Whip
Heath Bars

(You can catch diabetes just reading this)

Gently Boil 1 Can condensed milk for 3 hours. Keep it covered in water. Let cool before opening or it might explode. Yes, explode. While it's cooling, slice bananas and cover bottom of pie crust. Spread caramel (you know, the boiled milk) over the bananas and then cover with 3/4" of Cool whip. Top with crushed Heath Bar.

Chill it before you eat it.