Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Not my daddy's pork



I just got back from NYC. There is something about the city that just makes me feel alive and well. I had dinner at my favorite place, Minetta Tavern, and I got my favorite lamb. I saw their veal and wished I'd made that my choice. So I decided to bastarize it for dinner tonight. Of course there's no veal in Yazoo City, in fact, I didn't find any in the regular grocery in Jackson. My version:

PORK LOIN CHOPS pounded until fairly flat. Dip into and EGG WASH and dredge in seasoned FLOUR. Pan fry in 3 tbsp OLIVE OIL. Put into a warm oven. Chop 1 cup of FLAT ITALIAN PARSLEY and 1 small TOMATO. Add 2 tbsp of OLIVE OIL (I used citron olive oil), 1/4 cup LEMON JUICE, salt and pepper. Spoon on top of PORK CHOPS.


I paired this with:

Cooked PASTA. I used the fresh linguini. Melt 1 cup BUTTER. Let the butter cook until it starts to turn brown. Add fresh SAGE LEAVES, salt and pepper. Stir to keep butter from burning. Add the pasta and toss.

I've got to tell you....this was awesome. Try it. it took less than 20 minutes and I'm proud!

No comments: